Terms and Conditions
- Credit terms for approved accounts are 15 days for service. A 1.5% finance charge per month (18% annual) will be charged to the customer on any balance owed over 30 days. As provided by the Federal Truth in Lending Act, if a customer disputes the amount of an invoice or believes that there has been a billing mistake, they must provide written notice to Jackman’s of Bristol within 60 days containing the customer’s name and account number, a description of the alleged billing error including the dollar amount and a statement as to why the customer believes there was a billing error. Jackman’s of Bristol will acknowledge the receipt of proper notice and will make a determination and respond within 90 days. This form may be reproduced and that copy shall be effective as the original consent I (we) have signed. This application is for propane delivery, service or automatic accounts. It does not constitute a pricing contract.
- The customer agrees to maintain access for deliveries and service by keeping driveways, walkways, tanks and fill pipes clear of snow, ice, debris, etc. Jackman’s of Bristol is not responsible for any type of damage if they cannot, in their opinion, safely access these areas. Jackman’s of Bristol is not responsible for freeze-ups or broken pipes in occupied or unoccupied home if these areas cannot be safely accessed and the heating system fails.
Location of the tank and/or fill pipe must be within 100 feet of where a delivery truck can safely park in all seasons.
- Automatic fill does not guarantee that you will never run out of fuel if unreported changes are made in usage patterns. It is the customer’s responsibility to report any usage changes so that Jackman’s of Bristol can reevaluate the delivery schedule.
- All “Will Call” deliveries must meet minimum gallon requirements as specified by the company. A minimum five business day notice prior to the customer’s scheduled day and area is required for all customer requested deliveries. Additional charges will apply for off schedule and afterhours deliveries, as well as for deliveries scheduled without proper notice.
- Jackman’s of Bristol reserves the right to extend the deadline for payments, accept late or partial payments, and otherwise delay the enforcement of this agreement without waving those rights.
- Termination of the account and any changes to delivery status must be made in writing by the customer.
- In the event that any provision of this agreement is held to be invalid or unenforceable, that holding shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any of the remaining terms of this agreement.
- The Federal Equal Opportunity Credit Act prohibits creditors from discriminating against credit applicants on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age: because all or part of the applicant’s income is derived from any public assistance program; or because the applicant has in good faith exercised any right under the Consumer Credit Protection Act. The Federal Agency that administers compliance with this law concerning this creditor is The Federal Trade Commission, Equal Credit Opportunity: Washington, DC 20580.